Friday, 14 August 2015

A New Shop and A Depressed Dentist

I'm still busy working on my children's book (you can continue to follow my progress on Instagram and Tumblr), but in the last few weeks my attention's been focussed on a couple of other projects. The first is my new Spreadshirt shop, beccathorne.spreadshirt.co.uk. Most of the designs are on T-shirts only right now, but I've added a few other products - bags, flip-flops, cushions etc - with my Whales and Waves design, just to test the water. So if you like the look of the other products, but want to see them with more designs, please let me know and I'll create some. Likewise, if you've been eager to see a particular print available on anything, but I haven't yet uploaded it, leave me a comment and I'll get on it!

More styles, colours and designs available!
The other project was a commission for a lovely author called Bishop C. Knight, who's based in Massachusetts, USA. She's looking to get her short story published as an illustrated novel for, "adult readers who like books by Lemony Snicket ... who like dark yet accessible gothic humor; who never outgrew illustrated books". Sounds appealing, yes? So we spent the last few weeks realising her vision for the first page, developing the main characters (a depressed dentist, his wife and the philosopher whose work the dentist hopes will help him through his troubles) and figuring out exactly how she wanted the book to look and feel. Hopefully we'll work on some more soon, but for now here's the first page:

                                                                                                                                (c) Becca Thorne 2015 for Bishop C. Knight
You can find out a bit more about Bishop on her blog, A Broke Bridget.

3 comments:

  1. Great shop. I really like the yellow shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good yellow, isn't it! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Great shop. I really like the yellow shirt! and Are you know German Arzate ?

    German Arzate is an expert on Dental Implants that works on a first class dental clinic in Cancun. He has had extensive training and 20 years of experience with cosmetic dentistry and all kinds of dental implants. He can do regular, narrow, wide and mini implants. He has changed the life of hundreds of people with implant dentures like Snap in Dentures and advanced implants protocols like all on 6 and all on 4 by Nobel Biocare. German Arzate DDS has hundreds of video testimonials backing up his work.

    ReplyDelete