Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Beauty & Curiosity In The Forest: An Exhibition of Print & Photography

Things are still ticking along nicely with my new blog, The Illustrated Vegetarian, though I haven't been posting quite as much as I'd like because I've been creating new prints for an upcoming exhibition at Dean Heritage Centre, a cool little museum in the Forest of Dean which is dedicated to preserving and promoting the unique history and heritage of the beautiful Forest in which I grew up.


I'm exhibiting alongside my brother, James, who will be showing a whole host of large format photographs depicting the Beauty and Curiosity of The Forest. It's his show really, but he asked me to join him, so I'm busily creating brand new pieces. As I haven't lived in the area for over a decade my prints will take the theme outside of the Forest of Dean and into other beautiful, wild areas of the UK that I've wandered and enjoyed - the Pembrokeshire coast, the Lake District, the Peak District and the Yorkshire Dales.

Here's the full version of the print on the poster above:

                                                                                                                                                                   (c) Becca Thorne 2014

The show runs from the 10th January - 22nd February 2015, everything on show will be editioned and for sale and entry is included on admission to the Centre. If you go, please make a day of it and visit the Heritage Museum as well, it's a great place.

You can find the event on Facebook, which you can join to receive updates and reminders and possibly some sneaky peaks of the show!


No comments:

Post a Comment