Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Heron Wood Engraving

I've been a tad unproductive with my drawing and printing so far this year, mostly because I've spent a lot of time crocheting (I've made a snazzy pair of slippers though, which you may have seen a wee glimpse of if you follow me on Twitter - I'll post a photo here later), but I have been out along the canal taking photos of the beautiful old warehouses and factories. A lot of them are derelict, some of them aren't, but almost all of them are beautiful, and they're surrounded by wildlife - buddleia, bullrushes, willow, swans, ducks, coots and these handsome chaps:

(c) Becca Thorne 2013


It's just a quick wood engraving for a birthday card, to try and get me back into things. The blocks I'm using are all off cuts, because they're cheap (as am I), so I ended up using two tall, skinny ones for this and making a tiny diptych.

2 comments:

  1. You have impeccable craftsmanship! A lot attention was really put into the details on the wood! You made this very beautiful piece with just a few stroke of lines and that made this artwork amazing and unique! I hope that you hone your skills more so that you can create more unbelievable works like this!

    Pa Byars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete