Friday, 4 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013 blog folk! I trust you all had a thoroughly wonderful Christmas and New Year-time?

I don't make New Year resolutions as such, but there are a few things I plan to do more of this year, and one of those is crocheting (particularly to finish my afghan blanket, but also because I love it). I recently had to acknowledge that my beloved Cotswold Outdoor slipper boots had walked their last and despite searching all over town I couldn't find any decent replacements - even Fat Face and M&S came up short. So, I thought, why not make my own? And thus it came to pass that I spent all the John Lewis vouchers my aunt gave us for Christmas on a mountain of wool, and spent yesterday scouring Youtube for crochet slipper tutorials. Thanks to the very talented Lucille Milo and this tutorial I'm now part-way through crocheting my very own pair of slipper boots.



























The soles differ ever so slightly from one another (I went a little off-pattern because my wool is thinner than suggested), but I'm rather pleased so far. I'm about to start on the blue. I'll keep you posted on my progress! Any suggestions for easy but sturdy sole reinforcements to make these beauties last the next five years?

No comments:

Post a Comment