Thursday, 13 December 2012

teapigs Spiced Winter Red Tea

Winter's finally here; it's super frosty and foggy up here in Leicester. I'm wearing two pairs of thick socks and slippers over my woolly tights and I've just finished a deliciously warming cup of Spiced Winter tea which the lovely teapigs sent me to review. I'd definitely recommend it for a chilly winter's morning.

(c) Becca Thorne 2012


I recently signed up to the teapigs e-newsletter, to get deals in their online store, but I also discovered that they're stocked by both Carluccio's and The Original Cookware Co. in the centre of Leicester, so I'm going to pop into both soon to stock up on special teas for Christmas presents. I'm a big fan of both the Darljeeling Earl Grey and the Chocolate Flake tea (you must try this, I've kept the little paper sachet it came in because it smells so darn good), and this spiced number would be perfect for several of my relatives.

The Spiced Red is made with rooibos, so it's naturally caffeine-free, and is full of slices of orange peel mixed with ginger root, cinnamon and cloves, which fill the room with gorgeous Christmassy smells. Like all their teas it's whole leaf and housed in a non-paper (but fully compostable) tea temple, so there's no dusty rubbish or paper to taint the taste, just clean, fresh flavours. You can drink it black (or red in this case), but I had mine with almond milk, which made it extra smooth and added a little extra sweetness to the mix (which it didn't need, but did give a lovely chai latte-like flavour). I'll definitely be trying out teapigs' recommendation of a slug of brandy for extra mulled-winey deliciousness.

So try this out if you're looking for something to warm your frosty bod and get you feeling fully festive, but not sozzled (unless you go for the brandy...). Perfect for frosty mornings or chilly evenings by the fire. Plus, the packaging is rather pretty.

You can sign up for the teapigs newsletter on their homepage, for all the latest news and discounts, and also find them on Facebook and Twitter.

And as an extra special Christmas treat you guys can get 15% off in the teapigs shop when you use the code BLOGGERS12 (*enter code at checkout. Discount does not apply to gifts and cheeky deals as these are already discounted).

No comments:

Post a Comment