Monday, 20 August 2012

Craft Fair

My allotment society are going to be hosting their very first craft fair on the 10th November and are inviting crafters, printmakers, artists and anyone else making handmade delights to book a stall. We're planning on making this a regular thing, so if you're based in or around Leicester this could be one for you. Call Barry on the number on the poster below, or email me using the email address (also on the poster) for more info or to reserve your spot.






































There's something about that poster that reminds me of a Christmas book I had when I was little, that was illustrated by Satoshi Kitamura. I can't remember what it was called, but I think it's the text that's reminding me of it; it's a font called Hitchcock that I found thanks to playwright Sean Dixon, who used it on the poster designs for his new play FRANCE (or, The Niqab). After making the Craft Fair poster, I broke out the watercolours for this little number below, also for the allotments. Lord Kitchener with a light sprinkling of Giuseppe Arcimboldo.


No comments:

Post a Comment