Monday, 7 November 2011

Chickens!

Holy cow, it's been a while since I last posted! For the first time this year though, my slackness is because I've been so busy, which is nice. I recently became a part time illustration tutor at DeMontfort University in Leicester, and spent my first four weeks there working with both the third years and the first years. With the third years I ran a project to enter in the House of Illustration / Folio Society Book Illustration competition, and they've produced some beautiful work- I'm so proud! Now the module's over I'm going to rather miss our twice-weekly crits, but it does mean I've got more time to focus on my own work. So I'm working with the first years only now, and they're slowly working out their new lives and a very different way of learning to what they've been accustomed to until now. Hopefully there are great things to come from them.

I've also been working on two lovely book commissions, one for The Folio Society, which I'll reveal more about soon while the other, for Kyle Books, is now finished. The book's called Chickens: The Essential Guide to Choosing and Keeping Happy, Healthy Hens by Suzie Baldwin and will be in shops from March 2012 (pre-order on Amazon now). I created 20 black and white illustrations for the book and though I can't share too much just yet,  here's a little sneaky peak to be getting on with....
























She knows where you live....

No comments:

Post a Comment