Thursday, 21 July 2011

Shhhh, don't say C*&%@£mas.....

It may have been a tad chilly these last few days, and I may be sitting here in a long sleeve top, looking at grey skies and considering putting on a snuggly jumper, but it's still only July, and it seems a little premature to be thinking about designs for the big C-word (Christmas- shhhh). But I am anyway. I normally leave it til December and by then I'm too late and miss out on the much needed moolah I could have been raking in since October. Also, I've been wanting to get back into painting; mostly because I'm almost out of lino and can't really afford to buy another roll just yet, but also because painting all those snails gave me a hankering for it. So I used the back of a just-finished sketchbook, some red and white acrylic paints and my trusty mechanical pencil and created this ghostly Christmas stag. I might do a couple more designs while the goosebumps and the Adam and Jo 6 Music Show Christmas Special podcast from last year have got me in an autumnal frame of mind.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! And i'm also a huge fan of the Adam & Jo podcasts! x

    ReplyDelete