Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Dotty Gallery on Faceache

Hey folks! I spent a jolly nice day in sunny Wing today, helping out at Rowan's parents' place again, readying things for the ARTDEJARDIN sculpture garden launch on the 29th. If you happen to visit the garden during the exhibition (and you should, 29th May - 29th August) check out the edging along the paths- I did that. Oh, and the mushroom compost spreading too, it's exquisite, as is the rest of the garden. Have a wee shufty at these pics from previous years:
A tiny corner of the main lawn

The walled garden, with a bronze by Terry Slade

Rebecca Newnham's gorgeous 'Quercus' in the field











































But what I really wanted to tell you (and hence the title of the post) is that my l'il bro's new Facebook page is now live. He's a talented, young fine art photographer (I previously blogged about him here).















This one's called 'Petey'. Jamie excels in photographing dead things, but he's also a dab hand with colour, flowers, people, landscapes, forest walks, moody skies, and alive things. Head on over to his page and give him a good old fashioned 'Liking'. Thanks!

Hopefully sometime this week I can make a start on a new commission that's been in the pipeline for a while. An old friend is self publishing his first book and has asked me to illustrate the cover for him. With any luck I'll be able to show you the finished product sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you big sis!!!!

    Also good work on the mushroom compost spreading AND hope you're able to get started on that book cover soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs, my boy, no probs at all ;)

    ReplyDelete