Tuesday, 15 February 2011

What Alice Found Comp

The wonderful South West Artwork are joining forces with The Cherry Closet to open a new shop in Boscombe, Dorset. As well as selling vintage delights from The Cherry Closet it will also offer emerging contemporary talent of art and design an outlet to exhibit and sell their work on a regular basis. They'll be opening in mid-late March, and are running a last minute competition to emerging artists, designers and illustrators to design the typography and some related imagery or logo for the shop. Go to http://www.southwest-artwork.co.uk/events.php for all the info.

 I've had a go, and sent them my ideas, which I'll keep a secret for now, but here are a few Alice's Adventures themed doodles I did while I was working it out. They're nothing like my final design, but I enjoyed doing them so much and I haven't used pen and ink for so long (the smell of the ink still reminds me of my 2nd year at Falmouth) that I fancied sharing!

























In the last few days I've been working on some pattern designs, and I thought I might share this bird one, which I think is pretty much finished. I'm going to get it on Society6 and Envelop in the next couple of days.
























I've been listening to Radio 4 Raymond Chandler dramatisations on iplayer today, and it's been very productive- I think they may be good for me! I've got ten minutes of The Lady In The Lake left- exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment