Friday, 7 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Blogoshpere! I trust everyone had a marvelous Crimbo? We flitted around the Midlands, from our house in Leicester to my parents' in the Forest of Dean, then back east to Rowan's parents' in Rutland. I may have overdone my annual non-veggie feasting, making myself a little poorly in the process, but my brother just makes such delicious sausage rolls. We went on several snowy walks, during one of which I slipped on some ice while blowing my nose, managed to stay upright, then slipped right over on my arse while I was gloating about my amazing balance. I've still got a knee bruise. We saw goats eating from the Baby Jee's crib at Puzzle Wood in the Forest, then drank steaming hot chocolates and ate brie and cranberry paninis in the heat-free cafe/shed there. I finished reading Richard Dawkins' The Ancestor's Tale, which taught me a heck of a lot about our evolution and which I highly recommend to everyone- it's very easy to read and you don't need any knowledge of anything to understand it. Now I'm moving on to my Christmas books; 'Towers of Midnight', the 13th of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, then Marian Bantjes beautiful 'I Wonder' which leaves gold dust all over my hands when I touch it. Magical!

So. My here's a sleepy drawing for my first post of 2011. It's a lurcher for Rowan's dad's birthday card. He's napping. In a moment I'll probably look like that. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. She's right, i do make delicious sausage rolls! If you want Bec you can go all out and say they are The Best sausage rolls ever to grace the face of the earth...or your face...either way!!!

    And why did i miss the slip over, that would have been an ideal kodak moment?!

    beautiful picture, as ever.

    ReplyDelete